Thursday, November 4, 2010

PREVIEW THE LANVIN FOR H&M HIVER 2010 COLLECTION FOR MEN AND WOMEN


Lanvin for H&M Hiver 2010
Classic. Flashy. Playful. Elegant. These are words I would use to describe the eagerly-anticipated Lanvin for H&M Hiver 2010 Collection by Alber Elbaz and Lucas Ossendrijver. Oh yes, I've forgotten affordable too. I am honoured to have been invited among an exclusive group of Taste Makers tonight to preview at the Art Gallery of Ontario, the Collection due in stores November 20, 2010 in North America and three days later Worldwide. Only 200 H&M stores will be carrying the limited edition pieces.

I must say that you Ladies have a lot to be excited about. Elbaz's Lanvin for H&M pieces are for the Confident Woman, who is unafraid of Colour, Prints, Ruffles, Bare Shoulders, Exposed Legs. The Men's pieces by Ossendrijver take fewer risks, mostly consisting of Essentials and sprinkling them with an essence of glamour in small adornments like sewn-in Pocket Squares, Shiny Buttons, Flowers, Frays, Oversized Bow-Ties; simple yet distinguishable.  Traces of early Madonna, Lady Gaga and Carrie Bradshaw could be found particularly in the Women's Collection.

Between sips of their Signature Lemonade and bites of an array of Crostini topped with Grilled Scallops/Caramelized Figs/Foie Gras & Red Pepper Jelly, Mushroom Quiches, Prosciutto on Skewers and much more, I got to chat with quite a few of the Fashionistas in attendance.  And the Ladies expressed pure unadulterated joy at their options.  It's always lovely meeting people who read my Blog as it gets lonely on this side of the Monitor!

Below are some highlights I found from the Lanvin for H&M Hiver 2010 Collection.  I'm sure you're all as excited as I was!
Dress $249
Shoes $99
Jacket $59.95
Dress $149
Bag $39.95
Jacket $149
Shoes $99

Men's Trench $149 & Scarf $49.95
Men's Blazer $149
Men's Blazer $149, Sunglasses $19.95
Men's Peacoat $249
Men's Shoes $79.95

And perhaps the best part of any Party is always the Loot Bag and I absolutely love my Oversized Bow-Tie, Journal and Tote Bag.  Thanks, Lanvin and H&M! They even threw in some Lipstick, which perhaps I'll give to one of my dear friends....

Loot Bag

For more from the Collection, visit H&M's website here.


(Photo credit: Mr. Will-W.)

No comments:

Post a Comment